When you want to improve the kind of results you are getting with your employees, we can change the "dance" you have been doing, that hasn't been working… here's what we'll do instead.
These are just some of the things we can accomplish through this program. Your issue may have its own spin, but no worries. If your issue is even close we can talk about customizing the program for your goals.
Image: Mirror ball, adapted from AsiiMDesGraphiC, Google Image Bank
"As an owner of a small business (6 employees, close to 100 clients, handful of external vendors), effective communication is vital to the management of personal relationships with staff and customers.
Working with Mary has helped me to present and collect ideas from my staff and supporters. I do this through effective presentation and listening. She has worked to help me improve my ability to respond in previously difficult interactions.
Mary reviews the scenarios with me in advance. She teaches me how to address the issues for an overall positive outcome. The tools and skills that Mary provides have given me the confidence to become a better leader to my devoted staff. I've also improved my ability to retain clients by hearing them better while also still presenting my opinion or policy.
I find Mary to be easy to talk to. She has diverse experience of businesses, people and management topics. I measure the success of my business through customer retention as well as staff loyalty. I attribute part of my success to Mary.”
- Jessica Ramsey, owner of PhysiCore Personal Training and Pilates Studios, Fitness for Daily Life
You may call or email me between sessions if you need advice, have a problem or can’t wait to share a win with me. I do not bill for this additional time, but I do ask that you keep the extra sessions to 5-10 minutes. When you leave a message, let me know if you want a session back or are just sharing.
Are your customers raving about you on social media? Share their great stories to help turn potential customers into loyal ones.
Any time not used for interviews or shadowing as planned will be added to as-needed time bank.
We'll cover these elements of empowered management, putting more focus on one than another depending on your situation.
1. Mindset- What you consider your role to be as a manager of people —your focus.
2. Context- Includes your work culture, your work history, cultural norms, your stakeholders, relationships with your supervisor and peers, and your assessment of your own effectiveness.
3. Motivation- Your values and strengths, ultimately what drives your choices, decisions, behaviors and actions.
4. Scope- What you consider to be part of your job, your responsibilities, your mission.
5. Identity- How you are defining your role and your success given your own personal standards.
6. Communication- Your skills in being open, timely, direct, and appropriate, given the message and the audience.
7. Confidence- Based on how you apply your authority and manage your boundaries as a manager of people.
We'll uncover how where you are in these areas and how they are working in your favor or not. We'll work on capitalizing on your strengths. For gaps, we'll plan and practice how to adjust or work around them.
The most basic package starts at $450. In addition to one-on-one coaching, email access and time bank, other possibilities include:
Use the form at the bottom of the page to make an appointment for a complimentary consultation at your convenience to see if we are a fit. Reserve about 30 minutes.
We'll talk about your challenges, how you want things to change, and what specific outcomes you want to walk away with.
I may provide some questionnaires to complete beforehand.
We'll work together to figure out what you want to include in your package that makes sense for your situation. I'll follow with a quote. I look forward to hearing from you.
"I hired Mary for consultation and guidance on team dynamic problems in the workplace. Mary gets up to speed very fast and uses very insightful questioning to get to root causes. She easily sized up the situation and developed a plan to get to a solution. She is able to provide excellent advice on the spot and guide individuals personally to improved dynamics as well as guiding teams as a whole. I was very pleased with how quickly results can be achieved with Mary’s help.”
- Kim Diaz, Marketing, DuPont